Good morning world! Today is July 30th Wednesday.
 |
| View as we enter Banff |
We have been having a wonderful time seeing the beauty of the Canadian Rockies! Going through Banff is a journey of nature, wonderful lakes, mountains and for us blue skies and warm weather. Our first stop was Lake Louise, a dream of mine and on my bucket list. It was all I have imagined. Aside from the crowds of people tour bases bring in, we were in our own world. The view from the shore and the Chateau is one of beauty and quiet reflection. We walked around and strolled in the Hotel. It is a Jewel. We ate lounge in the Lake View Lounge. Perfect view, perfect food and wine. We then went for a canoe ride to the other end of the lake ( suggestion of Mike) a wonderful time. We just had a relaxing ride and took some photos. We also went to another lake near by, Lake Maraine which has an abundance of fossils. Then, believe or not my daughters, I rode up Mt. Louise on the chair lift. It is pretty high but I enjoyed it. The view from the top was worth it and I tried to capture it best I could. There was a haze from the fires over in Washington State they said. Anyway the ride down was awesome. I have done some things out of my comfort zone on this trip. Heights have always scared me silly, but I have not let it stop me from experiencing some wonderful moments. I am proud of me.
Glacier Walk was neat, a lot of commercialization here for sure. But still an experience. The Skywalk her is similar to the one in Grand Canyon I am told. Yes I even went out on that, me. I am enjoying this new found bravery.
Anyway, here are some photos of Lake Louise and the drive through Banff, along with the Glacier and the Skywalk. Hope you enjoy.
 |
| Driving into Banff Nat'l Park |
 |
| In Banff, Beauty. |
 |
| Lake Louise view from shore. |
 |
| From the end of the lake on the canoe. The Chateau Lake Louise |
 |
| The Alhabasca Glacier |
 |
| We are here! |
 |
| On the skywalk looking down below. |
 |
| Nice day at Lake Louise |
 |
| The Skywalk |
 |
| On the Skywalk! |
 |
| Mike and I at the Glacier |
 |
| From the top of Mt. Louise Ski Area |
No comments:
Post a Comment