Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday, August 15, 2014

We are now in Tok, Alaska.  We drove 10 hours today, thought we could because we had rested for a week.  Anyway, rained until we got to Haines Junction.  Then we had sun for most of the way here.  We are going to Fairbanks tomorrow and probably the Arctic Circle too.  We are leaving the camper here and staying in a Hotel one night then returning to Tok.

I am posting some of the photos I promised.  Hopefully the download goes smooth.  You never know with the internet connections around here.

Rainbow Glacier Haines

Mike and I with Rainbow Glacier in the background.


Haines-Beautiful
Mike fishing Chilkoot Lake

His catch, pink salmon!
John Schnabel of "Gold Rush" He is such a nice person, not phony.

"Gold Rush" Dakota Fred.  He just got off the Excavator and came over and just talked.
We were surprised at how easy it was to talk with him.  Awesome.

Bundled up to watch a Cruise ship leave port.  We did have wine with us!

Our selfy.  Fun day.



Wonderful couple, great friends.  Love you Dottie and Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment